- Open Level
- The studio’s signature barre technique class is one hour and incorporates the Principle of Overload and Interval Training for maximum results in the least amount of time. By utilizing light hand weights, the ballet barre, personal body weight and other accessories, client's work the core and joint stabilizers as well as the major muscle groups. A soothing period of stretching follows each section to build and...
- Beginner - Beginner/Intermediate Level
- A slower and modified version of Shape, this class is recommended for anyone new to the Dancers Shape technique, those just beginning an exercise program, or post surgical clients. The Dancers Shape technique is gradually introduced to students so that they understand the important benefits of proper body alignment. This allows students to build strength and gain a full knowledge of...
- Get the best of both worlds in a compact 45 minutes. This dynamic class will offer the perfect balance of a full body burn combined with low to light impact cardio moves. Prepare to tone your body with a variety of “teacher’s choice” of props - hanging thera-bands, gliding discs, fitness circles and more!
Our basic level spin class will introduce tempo, choreography, and correct form while riding a stationary bike. This class is an excellent way to get your heart rate up while being gentle on your joints - all at a slower pace than our open level spin. Come early to be set up on your bike safely. You may bring your own shoes with SPD or LOOK clips or you may rent a pair for $2 at the front desk.more
Designed to counter balance and target all the muscle groups neglected in Spin. The first half of class will begin with strengthening all of your balancing muscles and will mobilize your spine in multi-directions. Once you have toned and re-balanced your body, we will end with a cardio blasting spin section. This condensed format is the most effective design to not injure yourself while achieving weight loss goals.
- Basic - Beginner Level
- Designed for the ages 60+ (but certainly not limited to that - injuries and first timers welcome) this class is for clients looking to stay active and add longevity to their bodies. Modifications have been made to the exercises to adjust for common degenerative joint disease (such as arthritis, osteoporosis) and knee and hip replacements. This class gradually introduces mobilization and...
- Intermediate Level
- This one hour, full body, power-packed mat class takes the classical principles of Pilates and incorporates them in a quick paced flow of the Dancers Shape philosophy and approach to fitness. Set to customized music, the mat choreography has been tweaked to focus on functional movement to build strength throughout the core, while stabilizing the pelvic and shoulder girdle. This stabilization process...
- Intermediate Level
- Originally created for NFL football players, this class is a fusion of all the Dancers Shape specialties - barre, pilates, and yoga. By training the deep stabilizer muscles to work in conjunction with the large muscle groups, clients will experience improved balance, control and coordination. The results can lead to a higher level of performance and can help prevent injuries and rehabilitate old ones....
- Open Level
- The ancient practice of Hatha yoga is fused with the Dancers Shape’s contemporary approach to movement to yield a unique connection of mind and body. In this alignment based vinyasa class, clients will explore and cultivate a balance of strength and flexibility through the connection of breath and movement. Ideal for all levels, clients will leave feeling both challenged and rejuvenated. This class is a great...
- Every Sunday afternoon after vinyasa yoga, join us for a donation based meditation. In the half hour together, we will explore methods to calm and focus the mind before moving into a guided meditation. Donations will benefit a different charity or non-profit organization each month. Cash only - suggested $10 donation or the amount you are able to give.
***This class requires tennis shoes.
As we age, we begin to lose bone density and muscle mass and one of the best ways to prevent this from happening is through weight lifting. We have designed this 45 minute class to target your large muscle groups as well as the small stabilizers by alternating heavy weights with barre work. This combination will improve muscle mass and bone density while not neglecting our injury prevention focus of...more