- Open Level
- The studio’s signature barre technique class is one hour and incorporates the Principle of Overload and Interval Training for maximum results in the least amount of time. By utilizing light hand weights, the ballet barre, personal body weight and other accessories, client's work the core and joint stabilizers as well as the major muscle groups. A soothing period of stretching follows each...
- Beginner - Beginner/Intermediate Level
- A slower and modified version of Shape, this class is recommended for anyone new to the Dancers Shape technique, those just beginning an exercise program, or post surgical clients. The Dancers Shape technique is gradually introduced to students so that they understand the important benefits of proper body alignment. This allows students to build strength and...
- Get the best of both worlds in a compact 45 minutes. This dynamic class will offer the perfect balance of a full body burn combined with low to light impact cardio moves. Prepare to tone your body with a variety of “teacher’s choice” of props - hanging thera-bands, gliding discs, fitness circles and more!
Our basic level spin class will introduce tempo, choreography, and correct form while riding a stationary bike. This class is an excellent way to get your heart rate up while being gentle on your joints - all at a slower pace than our open level spin. Come early to be set up on your bike safely. You may bring your own shoes with SPD or LOOK clips or you may rent a pair for $2 at the front desk.
Designed to counter balance and target all the muscle groups neglected in Spin. The first half of class will begin with strengthening all of your balancing muscles and will mobilize your spine in multi-directions. Once you have toned and re-balanced your body, we will end with a cardio blasting spin section. This condensed format is the most effective design to not injure yourself while achieving weight loss goals.
- Basic - Beginner Level
- Designed for the ages 60+ (but certainly not limited to that - injuries and first timers welcome) this class is for clients looking to stay active and add longevity to their bodies. Modifications have been made to the exercises to adjust for common degenerative joint disease (such as arthritis, osteoporosis) and knee and hip replacements. This class gradually introduces...
- Intermediate Level
- This one hour, full body, power-packed mat class takes the classical principles of Pilates and incorporates them in a quick paced flow of the Dancers Shape philosophy and approach to fitness. Set to customized music, the mat choreography has been tweaked to focus on functional movement to build strength throughout the core, while stabilizing the pelvic and shoulder girdle. This...
- Intermediate Level
- Originally created for NFL football players, this class is a fusion of all the Dancers Shape specialties - barre, pilates, and yoga. By training the deep stabilizer muscles to work in conjunction with the large muscle groups, clients will experience improved balance, control and coordination. The results can lead to a higher level of performance and can help prevent injuries and...
- Beginner - Intermediate Level
- Wear your tennis shoes and follow along with our fun cardio dance class! Maximize results by combining our signature Groove class with toning elements - gliding disks, therabands, and moves from the latest MTV music videos. No previous dance experience required. This class is a complete follow along to get your heart rate up and to burn those calories in a fun...
- Open Level
- The ancient practice of Hatha yoga is fused with the Dancers Shape’s contemporary approach to movement to yield a unique connection of mind and body. In this alignment based vinyasa class, clients will explore and cultivate a balance of strength and flexibility through the connection of breath and movement. Ideal for all levels, clients will leave feeling both challenged and rejuvenated....
- Every Sunday afternoon after vinyasa yoga, join us for a donation based meditation. In the half hour together, we will explore methods to calm and focus the mind before moving into a guided meditation. Donations will benefit a different charity or non-profit organization each month. Cash only - suggested $10 donation or the amount you are able to give.
The Recovery class was created for anyone seeking a rejuvenated body. This one hour class combines the principles of Yin yoga and myofascial release techniques to aid in soft tissue therapy and muscle recovery. Clients will hold relaxing yoga poses for a sustained period of time to liberate the joints from tight muscles. They will also incorporate self-massage techniques utilizing tools to help break up and hydrate the fascia for efficient...more
This 1 hour and 15 minute class is Dancers Shape's newest addition to the "Body By DS" specialty classes. In your first 45-50 minutes you will lift, tone and sculpt all your trouble areas with our signature Shape class. In the remaining 25-30 minutes you will experience our therapeutic Recovery class - yin yoga stretching mixed with self massage and myofascial release. Leave this unique class feeling accomplished and refreshed.
The first half of Spin & Zen will rev up your metabolism with an energetic and challenging spin class. Once we have tapped into a high caloric burn, we will move into a yoga flow designed to slow down the nervous system and lengthen your posture. We will move our spine in multiple directions, open your hips, and reset your body.
***This class requires tennis shoes.
As we age, we begin to lose bone density and muscle mass and one of the best ways to prevent this from happening is through weight lifting. We have designed this 45 minute class to target your large muscle groups as well as the small stabilizers by alternating heavy weights with barre work. This combination will improve muscle mass and bone density while not neglecting our injury prevention focus of...more
Here at Dancers Shape, we know exercising during pregnancy is beneficial for low risk mothers. However, there are many myths surrounding what types of exercise are best and how you can modify your favorite activities to reap the benefits throughout your pregnancy. Being certified in pre and post natal Pilates and personal training, along with collaborating with physicians and physical therapists, we have put together the most up to date...more
A 45 minute condensed version of our original full body, power-packed Pilates fusion mat class. Work on the mat with our Pilates small props to build strength throughout the core, while stabilizing the pelvic and shoulder girdle - resulting in a strong and flexible back, abs, seat, and thighs. Prepare to work. This isn't your average mat class.